Sunday, April 5, 2009

General Conference Weekend






What a wonderful weekend. When I was a kid I used to dread General Conference Weekend. We would drive 25 minutes to church and be at church for 6 hours then drive home. Felicity and Alexia are pretty lucky because we get to enjoy conference in the comfort of our own home. As I have gotten older I have grown to LOVE conference and the talks. I so enjoyed this conference because I felt the spirit of the Lord and I know the talks were inspired words from the Lord to us at this time. I know there is much Fear in the world right now and one of the most powerful messages I got from all the talks was....yes hard times are ahead BUT, we have a loving Heavenly Father who wants us to be happy even during the difficult times.

My Goal after this conference is to attend the Temple more regularly, to make my home a more spiritual home, and to be HAPPY, to not let the media work me into a frenzy!!!!

As we were watching conference people were wizzing by on their dirt bikes and instead of feeling envious I felt sad for them, that they were missing these wonderful words of encouragement and love from our Heavenly Father. I think everyone LDS or not could benefit from the words that were spoken from the prophet and the apostles today.

During the two hour break we had brunch with a few friends, what an enjoyable time and really yummy food.

After Brunch Melanie and Reed (Trevor's Parents) came out to visit and we had a wonderful time with them. Felicity LOVES it when her Grandparents come to visit. We had some yummy Salmon and some Strawberry cream pie. All in all it was a really good day!

2 comments:

Janie said...

I'm with ya Tressa. conference was awesome! If everyone in the world would listen to conference our world would be in better shape.

houghstuff said...

Tressa and Trevor, I loved catching up with your blog so fun to see the baby and how big she has gotten. Tressa you look great by the way. I liked your thoughts about conference and agree. We are truely blessed
...it is nice to know God is at the helm.
Love More & Live in the Moment!
Marty