Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Tea Party in Carson







Summer and I took the kids to the Tea Party in Carson City our State Capital. There were about 2,000 people there protesting the insane spending in Washington. This was a way for us to get our point across that Washington is not listening so we need to stand up for what we believe in. I left the kids with Summer and had a chance to walk through the crowds with Alexia just soaking up the positive energy that was there. Everyone was smiling waving there flags and carrying their signs of protest for all the spending in Washington. Many people stopped to tell us how happy they were we had brought our children so they could be a part of this. I think the best part of the day was when we drove down the street honking our horn and waving our flags. Everyone was cheering and waving there signs...just enjoying the COLD day...working to have their voice heard! I am so glad I bundled the kids up and made the trip. This is what our freedom of speech is all about!

3 comments:

Janie said...

I love the kid's sign that says "Mom and Dad balance our budget". I was cracking up. It is so true! I'm glad you guys went and I sort of regret not going.

Cylee Pressley said...

That is so awesome that you guys went. Are you doing it again in July?

I love the picture on the girls on your title...you get great shots!

Michelle said...

Good for you Tressa. I'm proud of you and glad someone in our family stood up for what many of us believe. I love all the pictures of the girls. You always have them looking so adorable.