Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Where have the cards been?


Wow, it has been a long time since I have been on here. I have been quite the slacker and a bit overwhelmed with life. I have come to realize two kids are ALOT more work than one and I am having quite a time trying to stay on top of everything. The last few days Felicity and I are having a power struggle. It is in and out of time out pretty much all day long. Last night I prayed for patience with my little girl. She woke her sister up twice..which means a very grumpy Alexia which means a very grumpy mommy. Alexia doesn't take very long naps and that quiet time is very precious time to me! I told Felicity she was in trouble for waking Alexia up and she got this little attitude with me. I told her she could NOT go out with daddy and work in the yard tonight and she told me..."I'M GOING TO DO WHAT I WANT TO DO!!!" I put her in time out and she screamed the whole time! What a night. Sometimes I get frustrated with myself because I know I should be a more loving patient mom even though I am NOT! I guess I just need to keep praying for help because she is only three and If this keeps up it could get really interesting by the time she is a teenager!

Some Funny quotes from Felicity:

They are twins, mommy! They look the same." Refering to Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.

"Mommy, you are a nurse" (as she is coloring a picture of a nurse) "No, hunny mommy is not a nurse but your aunt Treena is." No mommy you ARE a nurse(pause), you nurse Alexia all the time!"

Thank goodness for these funny moments to make up for all the crazy moments!

2 comments:

Janie said...

She's hilarious! You are a good mom Tressa. Don't beat yourself up

Lindsey said...

We have been dealing with our share of trials related to sibling #2 as well. A bit of pushing and toy stealing with LOTS of time outs! It is so frustrating, but I see it like you, try and correct the behavior while they're young before they grow up and it gets worse! I'm sure there will be plenty of other issues then anyway! It's a good thing there are so many little moments to help us appreciate out jobs as mothers! For instance, that picture of your girls on your header is ADORABLE!