Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Felicity's prayers


I have to say I am so proud of my little Felicity. For the past year we have really struggled with trying to get her to say prayers. Whenever we would ask her to say the prayer she would just ask us what to say and repeat whatever we said. We kept explaining to her it was important for her to THINK about what SHE wanted to say to Heavenly Father and pray those things. Well this week she has done a 360. Tonight she asked me if she could say the prayer at dinner and at bedtime. And they were GREAT prayers!!!! I am so proud of her. She would sit and pause when she was thinking of what else she wanted to say. I love seeing my little Felicity growing up to become a little girl...she is no longer my baby that is for sure. Here are a couple things she said in her prayers tonight that gave me a giggle
"Thank you for our skin so we aren't skeletons"
"Thank you for our blood so we are alive"
"Thank you for daddy's job so we can have our house"
"Thank you for our tires not to go flat" (Trevor had two flat tires seriously about 6 months ago but we haven't had any since...Felicity's CONSTANT prayers about our tires must be working!

At the beginning of the month Felicity got up and bore her testimony with Trevor. Of Course Trevor helped her through the whole thing but she did so awesome. She stood up tall talked right into the microphone in front of all those people. I was so proud of her! I get so nervous doing this I can't imagine what it is like for a little four year old.

I just wanted to write this down so I didn't forget when Felicity bore her testimony of the gospel for the first time and to remember her wonderful prayers.

1 comments:

Adalia said...

How stinkin cute! I love little kids prayers. I think we end up laughing most of the way throuh our kids prayers when they are little.