Thursday, December 18, 2008

Making our Gingerbread house






Gingerbread house making has been a long Adamson tradition that I am so excited to start with our little family. Eileen came to visit last year and made a house with Felicity and she loved it. This year I had planned on making two houses one for Felicity and one for me. After we finished Felicity's I was DONE! We kept having problems with the frosting and the frosting tip kept coming out of the bag, Trevor and Felicity did Most of the candy and I was the froster. Alexia was sleeping most of the night, which is pretty much the norm for our little family. We all enjoyed about the same amount of candy that we put on the house. The next morning Felicity was already pulling candy off the house, My first instinct was to scold her and tell her we don't eat the candy on the house it is just supposed to be pretty. But, what is the use of having a candy house if you don't get to enjoy the candy. I just let her enjoy the treats we decorated with and thought...Hey that will probably be one of her favorite things about Christmas, sneeking treats off of her gingerbread house. Why ruin that for her?

2 comments:

LaRen said...

I didnt get to make a gingerbread house this year! It looks like so much fun! You guys look so happy! Hope you all had a great christmas! love you!

Michelle said...

Looks like fun. I remember making those with the kids and now the tradition goes on. Cute pictures of everyone. Love Michelle