Saturday, March 13, 2010

Feeling Very Blessed!

Today I am feeling so blessed! This morning the girls and I got up early (it's always early with our little Alexia). We are getting ready for our Easter primary activity so the girls and I broke out last years Easter eggs and started counting them and putting them back together. The girls loved it and they were actually helpful. While sorting through the egg we found two pieces of candy left over from last years Easter egg hunt....Of course they wanted to eat them...I figure stale chocolate never killed anyone and they seemed pretty excited to get chocolate for breakfast.

Then it was off to Lowes with Felicity to do their little wood workshop. Alexia went down for a nap right before we left so it was nice for Felicity and I to have a little one on one time. We ran a bunch of errands and our last one was stopping by starbucks to see if I could score some coffee grounds...no luck with the coffee grounds but we got Felicity a kids hot chocolate and a mini sprinkled doughnut. The place was packed so we ran out to the car and she sat in the front of the car while we chatted as she ate her doughnut and drank her hot chocolate. After she finished we headed home.

I spent a couple hours in the back yard spreading my coffee grounds I got a while back, pulling weeds, and planted my apple tree. This is my first year at attempting a garden on my own...Trevor usually does the bulk of the work but he is too busy so I am going to try my hand at it. I'm even researching composting!!!! Pretty crazy I know!

Ran inside got showered dropped the kids off at the babysitters and I was off to Reno for a girls night out....Dinner at BJ's, a movie, but most important was the me time. Not having to run someone to the bathroom, wrestle someone to sit down, change a diaper, force feed someone, etc.... I just got to sit and visit and relax. I have decided I need to do this more than once every six months for sure.

Today was a REALLY good day and I am feeling the Lords blessings in my life at this time. I am Thankful that Trevor has a job, that we have the best renters in our home right now, and that I have an amazing family that I love so much.

0 comments: