Saturday, March 6, 2010

Our Rental house

The last few months we have been trying to sell our rental house with no luck. We decided to rent it out again. We got up early this morning, left at 7:30 with the kids and cars full...Rush to get the screen fixed, (Dog ate it) Load up the 100 lbs of dog pooh and wood chips in the truck, 1st trip to the dump, refill the truck with more dog pooh, wood chips, broken toys, broken BBQ, and all the other junk the old renters left in our yard, second trip to the dump, (I got to do this trip with Alexia in tow) clean out the house, 3 trips to home depot, 2 trips to the paint store, clean the bathrooms(they obviously did not clean them), pressure wash the house and patio, change the toilet seats, replace the missing toilet paper holder, spackle, touch up paint, vacuum, clean the blinds, pull the weeds, etc..... Oh and all the while our poor little girls got to PLAY...(Yeah right) Alexia was miserable. She is teething and has a fever and a horrible cough. She wanted to be held the whole time which made it VERY hard.

THESE ARE THE DAYS I REALLY WISH I LIVED BY MY SISTERS!!!!! I know they would have taken my kids in a second and never made me feel bad about it. They would have sent their husbands over to help and it probably would have taken half the time. I know right now this is where we are supposed to be but days like today make me get VERY impatient to be closer to my family. I know some day we will get there....Just a patience thing which I need to work on anyway!!!

We left our rental house at 12:30 a.m. with both of our girls passed out on the floor, exhausted. 16 hours of work trapped in an empty house with a 7 inch portable dvd player is borderline child abuse! I feel horrible for my kids on days like this but Trevor and I decided to have this rental and this is just part of being a landlord.

I think the worst part of the whole day was when I brought a huge load to the dump and had to empty it myself. Alexia was asleep in the truck and I was shoveling out crap (literally)for about an half an hour. I just felt so alone! My back was killing me and my arms were on fire. I seriously was on the verge of crying when this nice guy that worked there came and helped me finish. If he hadn't I think I would have started crying right there.

It wouldn't have been so intense but Trevor has VERY little time to take off work so this was the only day we could get the house ready for our new renters that are moving in on Friday.

I feel blessed that we have found renters and hopefully they will be long term so we don't have to go through this again.....I guess I'm done venting!!!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh man! That sounds AWFUL! Isn't it frustrating how people can be so trashy with other people's (YOUR!) property? Brett and I did management for some townhomes in UT and we spent hours and hours cleaning up a trashed apartment. I really wish you had "dumped" your kids on me, especially since that is what I did to you on Friday! Cough and all, it's nothing we haven't had. I can't believe how much you got done in one day! Is there anything else left to do? I'd be glad to head over there and help out if you didn't mind my tag-alongs. It'd be a nice change of scenery. I could be there for moral support and extra poop shoveling if nothing else :) I really hope you do get to live by family someday. It makes me sad that most of the people here in Fernley dream about living somewhere else, but we're mostly content here because we're relatively close to family. It does make life easier in some ways...someday, when the time is right, you'll live closer to family...

Janie said...

Tressa, that was the saddest post ever! I wanted to cry for you. I wish you would call me. It is not a burden at all to watch your kids or help out at your rental. I know it's hard to have a comfort zone with people who are not family but you should treat me like family and use and abuse me!! I'm gone till Tue but after that call me anytime! I hope Shane told you we do not need help with Liv tomorrow. I'll see ya Thur at preschool.

Jonnette said...

Suck it up Tressa! Your an Adamson... no complaining aloud!!! It's all work & NO play... so, I say again... suck it up! Now that I have the pep talk out of the way... I am really sorry for your horrible no good miserable bad day! I love you! Wish we were closer...

Adalia said...

I know Janie and Lindsay said it already but CALL ME anytime! My kids would love someone to play with! Seriously, anytime give us a ring! Oh ya and we need to start walking soon!