Sunday, January 9, 2011

A New Year one big new goal!

The main goal I have this year is to be out of debt by the end of 2011 (Except our houses) So in order to do this I am really going to try and cut my budget for food and toiletries and use our food storage items on hand. The Utah Deal Diva really inspired me to really try and live on less. She spent only $2,100 over 2010 for all food, diapers, toiletries, etc! I have been HORRIBLE this last year with not keeping a budget..I just spent and didn't keep track. Well not this year in fact I am going to post how much I spent on my groceries every month on my blog to keep myself in check! I am hoping this will make me more responsible with my spending and we will ultimately be out of debt that much sooner!

We are officially on a cash budget....wish me luck....this could be a really long year!!!

4 comments:

Christensen family said...

Good Luck. I would love to work at this with you. I am looking forward to my personal classes with you. LOL

Cylee Pressley said...

Good Luck! With as disiplined as you are it won't be luck it will be hard work. Do it! And that way you will inspire me and I can stick to my budget too. I am still working through the family goals but once that is done of course on the list is LIVE IN MY BUDGET!!

sivab said...

Tressa i love the budget program ynab it is based on the envelope system. They give you a week for free and then it is a bit expensive but it actually saves me heaps and the forums are great.

Annie Jane said...

Thanks for the post, Tressa. I, too, am working on that. I wrote down the utah deal diva. I am going to look her up!
Way to go! Great goal. You will achieve it.