Saturday, November 13, 2010

DIY projects






So, For the last few months I have been a major blog hopper trying to get ideas to decorate. I think seeing other people make junk into beautiful things motivated me to try some fun projects. I started out spray painting a bunch of stuff. Then we moved onto bigger and better stuff.

I have been wanting a desk in my room to keep my couponing stuff and paperwork on so Trevor's desk in the office would stay clean. Anyway I found this desk on craigslist for free so we went and picked it up realizing the color was not what I wanted. So Trevor and I decided we would paint it. I was going to go buy the paint when I found someone giving a bunch of paint away so I went over and found the perfect color for my room. (The pictures of the desk are actually a shade lighter than it actually is) Trevor did most of the work but I LOVED the desk when it was done!

Next I needed a chair for my desk. I found this FABULOUS material for a fabric pumpkin that I never got around to making so we decided to use it for my chair. Trevor had these OLD chairs from college that some one had given to him and we decided to paint it and cover it to see how it would look...pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

On to the kitchen...why stop when your having so much fun right? We have had our kitchen chairs since we bought our first house 7 years ago. We usually wash them every 6 months but they get pretty gross with a two year old and five year old. Anyway, the other day I found exactly what I wanted at the fabric store and $25 later it looks like we have new chairs! I am so excited!

I have realized over the last few projects with a little time and minimal materials you can turn something from trash to treasure so now I am looking around my house to see what fun projects lay in store for us...

Maybe the shelf I pulled out of my neighbors garbage???? HAHAHAH
Really it was beside the garbage so technically I WASN'T dumpster diving!!!!

2 comments:

Christensen family said...

That's it, you are truly amazing!!!!!! it all tuned out awesome. I love it all. Now come do my house would ya?

Anonymous said...

wow... so impressed... love the chairs... makes them look so fabulous! and the desk... love craigslist for that!! awesome.... cant wait to see y'all really soon! love ya