Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Keeping up on our list

Well on Sunday we did one item on our list..make and deliver cookies. Felicity insisted on delivering the cookies by herself while I sat in the car! Then Monday it was off to the park where we were swinging, kicking the ball, petting the three dogs that came through the park, and going for a walk that took about an hour but was about 1 block...seriously! Alexia always wants to walk on the outside curb of the sidewalk like a balance beam...which mean a VERY slow walk!!! As we were walking Felicity says "Mommy, that's silly to have mail in the tree!" I was confused until she pointed to a small pine tree by the house that still had it's tree tag on it..she thought it was a piece of mail in it. We got a little giggle out of that one! Today it was supposed to be hot tub time but Felicity's little friend called and was going to the park, so off we went for another fun day at the park. I have a hard time keeping my girls inside when the weather is so beautiful!

We got home, had dinner, and Trevor came home with a big surprise for the girls a VHS player. Our last one was eating our ANCIENT tapes so Trevor was at the military thrift store on base (Yeah his favorite place to go at lunch time)and found one for $2. Got home hooked it up and it actually worked, can you believe that? Anyway tonight the girls and I snuggled up on the couch in a blanket and watched Brother Bear. What a great movie, the girls just love it! Now Everyone is tucked in bed including Trevor and here I am...writing!

I am so thankful for my life and my family! I am so thankful for the Temple and the comfort it gives me knowing my family and I are sealed together. Tonight I was talking to Felicity about our good friend Kaye Brown passing away and explained to her that Kaye was in Heaven right now and when her husband passed away some day they would be able to be together again. Then I told her if one of us died we are sealed together forever. We will all be able to live together on the earth now and when we all die we will live together with our Heavenly Father.

I am thankful for little teaching moments like these where during that short time before bed with nothing to distract us Felicity and I can have these nice little talks with each other.

When I put Alexia to bed tonight we read books and worked on her words a little and we kneeled to say her prayer and she actually wanted to say the prayer. I obviously said it and she repeated it, I was so proud of her! Then as we were laying there I told her I loved her and she said she loved me! I know that seems like a simple thing but this is the first time she has said she loved me without being prompted.. I just wanted to write that down so I never forget it!

2 comments:

Christensen family said...

I love the mail in the tree.LOL I am so glad that your having so much fun. I wish we could have gone to the bowling alley but Kambrie didn't wake up until 430. I think it awesome that Trevor found that awesome deal so you guys could snuggle and watch a movie. That is so sweet about Alexi I love moments like that.

Cylee Pressley said...

You blogged!! I love it. So good to see pictures and read about your life. Your a good mama.

Time to call ya.