Friday, November 26, 2010

My First 10K run


I decided to run a 10K on Thanksgiving morning. Treena and Teeara, Trevor's sisters, ran it with me. That morning I got up late and was a little nervous about running it because it was FREEZING cold out. Well when I got to Scheels it was 11 degrees and I thought I was going to DIE the first mile. My legs felt like lead weights and my lungs were on fire. But after the second mile I had warmed up and started feeling much better. Treena and I finished together at 1 hour and 3 minutes which for my first race ever I was pretty proud of! Teeara finished right after at 1 hour and 11 minutes. We had a great time running the race and Trevor said he would like to try and do it next year...Maybe. Anyway, I hope to sign up for more of these races in the near future. I figure with races in the future I will be better about running on my own.

6 comments:

Janie said...

That's awesome. You should be very proud of yourself!! It makes me wish I could run.

Brya said...

I knew you could do it! Good Job.

Christensen family said...

You go girl. You should be thrilled you did this. Now your going to have to train me. LOL

Sam said...

GO TRESSA! I love the hat!

Cylee Pressley said...

Wow! You are amazing. The running part is hard enough but doing it when it is that cold....good job!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

thanks for pushing me to get a good time... hopefully next year we can shave a few minutes off!!!