Saturday, November 13, 2010

What a day

I kept going back and forth as to get a babysitter for the girls and going to a sealing at the Temple for a sweet family in the ward. Last minute I got a babysitter in Spanish Springs dropped the girls and I was off to the temple. I am SOOOO glad I made the effort to make it there what a special spirit that was in that sealing. I kept it together till the daughters came into the room to be sealed to their parents and I just lost it. I am thankful for the sweet spirit I felt and for the words that were spoken. Much of the ceremony I found meaning in for myself the importance of loving the Lord so we can love our spouses more.. the fact that we will be kind if we love our Lord and that is something I really need to work at being kinder! I love President Wadsworth! Every sealing I have been to he has done and every time I walk away feeling there were things said there just for me...I feel fulfilled, loved, motivated, and so much more! I was truly on a high today recommitting to be a better mom, a better wife, and a better person in general.

Then, the floor fell out...Tonight I learned from a friend that a dear friend in the ward that just went to the hospital for strep is dying. I had NO idea it was so serious just two weeks ago she had stayed late after the Trunk R Treat helping Summer and I do the dishes. What a precious memory I will hold in my heart forever. My prayers are with her family at this time and for the ward family we have. What a huge loss this will be for all of us. I Feel like today has been a total emotional roller coaster for me. I don't know that the situation has really sunk in. As I was sitting in the sealing I was thinking of going to her sealing just about a year ago and how thankful I was that she had been able to be sealed to her husband for time and eternity.

This experience also reminded me how short this life is and how quickly life can change. It made me want to go home and hold my family close to me and just love them....Because life is so unpredictable and precious!!!

2 comments:

Janie said...

WOW! I am impressed. There is so much to comment on I don't know where to start. I loved all the posts and pictures. You are a great mom. We do the no spanking thing too, and I too have lost it before and spanked and then cried myself to sleep. It happens. I love all your projects! everything looks great. Olivia was telling me about Sharon's B-day and she loved it. What a great experience she had serving, so thank you.

Wasn't yesterday the best and worst? I can't believe dear Kaye is gone. I'm not sure I have ever cried so much in one day, (except maybe when Olivia was born).

Keep up the posts, (I say that totally hypocritically since I have tons to post about and can't muster the energy! Thanks for your friendship!!

Christensen family said...

I am so glad your day started out wonderful. It sure does bring the whole meaning to life doesn't. I can't believe how fast thing can change. Your the best. I hope to hang out again soon.